Last updated (March 26, 2020)
In effect between March 17, 2020 and June 30, 2020
Salary advances are infrequent and are a case by case basis. Repayment is processed through payroll. B Lab offers a more common way to facilitate advances for business expenses, please see the travel advance policy.
In response to the national quarantine and recommended social distancing, B Lab would like to be mindful of the impact this will have on you, your families and friends and even humanity as a whole. If you are experiencing financial hardship related to COVID-19 impacts and need a pay advance, please reach out via EMAIL directly to Olivia Lee (email@example.com) to start that process.
As of March 17, 2020 we have the following parameters:
- Any staff member is eligible to apply
- B Lab can support an amount up to four week's of pay in advance
- The advance is recoverable via automatic payroll deductions
- Deductions will begin on July 10 and must be completed by December 23, 2020
- Any employee advance balance remaining will be deducted in full at the time of separation
Requesting the advance:
- for US-based staff, we will send your advance through normal payroll
- for US-based staff, the deadline for a request is Monday 12 noon eastern to be applied in Friday disbursement.
- for hosted staff, please contact Olivia directly to discuss your options and how we will support your request (as this varies per location)
- all will be required to submit acknowledgment of the terms of the advance